About Me

My photo
My motto: It's not the wrong way; just a different way... This blog tracks my chaotic life as a mum of six wonderful children and one gorgeous granddaughter, my addiction to knitting and all things crafty, oh, and life with The Viking...

Monday 28 March 2011

Lesson of the day...

A post by Little Grandma,

My lesson for the day:  Do not use a cup of tea as a weight when cutting out fabric.

To make my dressmaking easier and more efficient, I have invested in a large cutting board and an Olfa rotary cutter. How 'proper' I felt when I first used my new equipment. To hold my paper patterns down whilst cutting out, I usually use a couple of tealight holders, mobile phone, bar of chocolate, anything really that is to hand.

Today, much to my regret, I used a cup of tea...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so something I would do, I must have cut holes in about 5 pairs of pjs whilst cutting fabric!

    ReplyDelete