About Me

My photo
My motto: It's not the wrong way; just a different way... This blog tracks my chaotic life as a mum of six wonderful children and one gorgeous granddaughter, my addiction to knitting and all things crafty, oh, and life with The Viking...

Saturday 21 May 2011

My Fear of Sewing Machines...


The other day, I decided I should combat my fear of sewing machines (As I mentioned before, they seem to just die in my presence). So, I decided to make Elle a new buggy liner with a matching blanket... sounds pretty simple...

However, as soon as the first stitch went down, CLUNK... I'd already broken the sewing machine!

Still determined to make this liner, I drove to the nearest sewing machine repair shop which is miles away; and then when you get there, you have to park a good few streets away, from where I had to struggle with the machine and a baby IN THE RAIN!

When I got there, the sewing machine man kindly agreed to look at my 'broken' machine right there and then. Now, all he did was flip it open, fiddled for about 3 seconds and then claimed it was mended!


Anyway, that night I managed to make these! I was very surprised; the machine didn't even break once! (Touch wood).  


 Even Elle looks happy with it!


2 comments:

  1. That buggy liner is really good!

    where did you get the lovely material from?

    ReplyDelete