About Me

My photo
My motto: It's not the wrong way; just a different way... This blog tracks my chaotic life as a mum of six wonderful children and one gorgeous granddaughter, my addiction to knitting and all things crafty, oh, and life with The Viking...

Tuesday 24 May 2011

A Cute Little Pinafore

A post by Little Grandma

Ever since I started watching 'Pippi Longstocking', or 'Pippi Longstrump' as she's known in Sweden, I have wanted to make (or have!) a little cross-over pinafore like the one she wears. It's a lovely simple design that can be worn over leggings or jeans, and either with or without a top underneath. I ordered a pattern from etsy because I thought it was easier than boggling my own poor brain. This was delivered to me via email; it wasn't a paper pattern, and I don't have a printer, so I improvised by tracing it off my laptop screen, hoping I would get the sizing right.

Anyway, I made a reversible version (I like reversible clothing!). I used an Alexander Henry 'wren' print on one side and a cheerful yellow Micheal Miller print on the other side. Then Belle put it to the test...



My next job is to make a pair of matching bloomers, scrumptious!

1 comment: