About Me

My photo
My motto: It's not the wrong way; just a different way... This blog tracks my chaotic life as a mum of six wonderful children and one gorgeous granddaughter, my addiction to knitting and all things crafty, oh, and life with The Viking...

Wednesday 29 June 2011

The Gallery - My Weekend

A Post by Little Grandma

The theme over at Sticky Fingers this week is My Weekend

On Saturday, while everybody was living it up at 'cybermummy', and everybody else was drowning in the rain; myself and The Viking took cover at a local playcentre... along with half a million other people...

On Sunday we were treated to glorious sunshine.

Our back garden is a neglected rubbish tip nature reserve, so the three Little Uncles set off on a bug safari...
Lifting stones to reveal centipedes scurrying away, a cluster of woodlice, or a coiled millipede or two is a firm favourite with the boys... even more so since they discovered the reaction they can get when they introduce their new 'friends' to their big sisters!

Anyway, this 'monster beetle' didn't disappoint

8 comments:

  1. Love the monster beetle! :) I was not at Cybermummy either but had a fantastic time, albeit a bit wet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God that is a huge beetle, the day my kids start bringing things like that home for me is the day I'm moving out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We camped in our garden and woke up to three like that. Great picture and love how children can be so happily gruesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children are so fascinated with bugs, brings back happy memories of Environmental Studies at school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow cool beetle, I showed my boys (3&4yo) and they want to find one in our garden tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god.... That beetle is huge, I'd have had a heart attack if one if mine found that! Nat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh! Huge beastie! What a brave little man.

    MAdison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My 3 and a half year old loves looking at slugs in the forest.

    Please have a look at my blog if you get a chance, it's very basic as I only started last week.

    It's http://stayathomedaddyfor2.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete