About Me

My photo
My motto: It's not the wrong way; just a different way... This blog tracks my chaotic life as a mum of six wonderful children and one gorgeous granddaughter, my addiction to knitting and all things crafty, oh, and life with The Viking...

Monday 20 June 2011

Child's Boho Bag - created by a genius!

A post by Little Grandma

Well, not quite created by a genius, but I did feel pretty chuffed with myself when I managed to make my own pattern for this bag and sew it up nice and neatly on my first attempt.

I desperately wanted to make one of these bags for myself; my two favourite bags have met sticky ends i'm afraid. One was seriously overstuffed with tat; nappies, chocolate wrappers, banana skins etc, causing the strap to rip beyond repair, the other took a dive into a cup of coffee. Anyway, I scoured the internet for a pattern, only to find my mind boggled with overly complicated looking bags with gathered bits and 'decorative topstitching'. As I had used 'small paper' to draft the pattern, I decided to make a bag for Belle first. That way I would waste less fabric too...

Anyway, here it is. Plain red cotton lining, a lovely Timeless Treasures retro apple print on the outside. It has no clasp or button because I thought Belle would prefer it without.


3 comments:

  1. What a good design,make some adult sized ones.
    I am sure they will sell like hot cakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can your share your pattern? I have looked all over for one too and cant find one i like!

    ReplyDelete